
Sergio Perez ought to have recognized higher earlier than questioning why Max Verstappen was capable of get the quickest lap earlier than the chequered flag in Sunday's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, in line with Dutch racing driver Tom Coronel. Aside from dropping the lead briefly to Fernando Alonso initially of the race, Perez put in a dominant efficiency to select up his first win of the season.
He hardly ever needed to test his rearview mirrors, notably with Verstappen beginning the race in fifteenth. However the reigning two-time world champion did not take lengthy to shut up on his Crimson Bull team-mate with a Security Automotive interval serving to to push him additional up the grid.
Overtaking each George Russell and Fernando Alonso proved a simple job for Verstappen, however Perez was too far out in entrance to catch. The Mexican was all set to take the lead of the world championship, that was till the ultimate lap of the race.
Verstappen appeared to push the Crimson Bull pit wall to permit him to make a push for the quickest lap, which he acquired by two-tenths with Perez seemingly unaware of what occurred on the finish. Perez then appeared to confront Verstappen concerning the quickest lap within the cooldown room after the race and appeared lower than impressed.

Talking after the race, Perez stated: “They advised me I had the quickest lap and to maintain the tempo at a sure tempo. I believed the communication was the identical to Max, I believe we have to evaluate the completely different data and I simply couldn’t push then in the long run.”
However Coronel believes Perez was making one thing out of nothing and thinks the Crimson Bull driver ought to have recognized higher. "You additionally must allow them to drive freely," Coronel stated on the .
"You understand Max, come on, act regular! You understand your teammate by way of and thru and also you assume he does not? What sleep mode are you in then?"
Do not miss...
Perez indicated that his anger stemmed from each Crimson Bull drivers unnecessarily pushing their automobiles with Saturday's reliability points nonetheless on his thoughts. “Clearly, they've extra data than us and I believe the group did a unbelievable job of letting us race,” he stated.
“I simply felt like there was a degree the place, for the final 10 laps or so, we had very comparable tempo – inside a tenth quicker or slower. I simply felt just like the hole, it could have been in all probability slightly bit much less or slightly extra, nevertheless it wouldn’t have modified something.
“I used to be simply eager about the automobile and simply ensuring… I used to be having some unusual vibrations and clearly, what occurred to Max was on the again of my thoughts in the present day and I’m certain it was on the again of the thoughts of the group as properly. So it was only a matter of constructing certain each automobiles completed to maximise most factors.”