
has shared his want to see taking part in “each occasion” after the Serb couldn't compete on the Masters 1000s in Indian Wells and Miami. The teenager benefitted from Djokovic’s absence, overtaking him to return to No 1 on the planet by profitable the title within the desert. Djokovic was compelled to tug out of each occasions when Homeland Safety to enter the US.
Alcaraz returned to profitable methods in Indian Wells three weeks after injuring himself within the Rio Open ultimate and taking a brief break. The 19-year-old didn’t drop a set en path to his eighth profession title and returned to No 1 on the planet because of his newest trophy haul.
The Spaniard benefitted from Djokovic’s ban from the match after the 35-year-old was compelled to withdraw when his request to enter the US unvaccinated was denied. With Djokovic unable to play for additional rating factors, Alcaraz leapfrogged him to reclaim the highest spot.
However the newly-crowned Indian Wells champion isn’t a fan of Djokovic lacking occasions even when it offers him a lift, claiming he wished the possibility to “study from” the 22-time Main champion. “Look, the reality is I’m a participant, however I’m additionally a fan of tennis,” Alcaraz informed the .
Simply in

“And ultimately, having one of the best gamers in every match and with the ability to compete with one of the best is at all times good. No one needs to see individuals lacking tournaments, particularly me.” With Djokovic now additionally lacking the upcoming Miami Masters, defending champion Alcaraz shared his want to see the Serb competing.
He added: “I want Djokovic had been in each occasion and I may play towards him and share the locker room with him and study from him up shut.” And after his 6-3 6-2 victory over on Sunday, Alcaraz additionally mentioned he wished to face Djokovic once more.
“I imply, Novak is among the greatest gamers on the planet. That is apparent,” he claimed. “You already know, I'll say that if you wish to be one of the best, you need to beat one of the best. I actually wished to play towards Novak once more. We miss him on tour, and hopefully have him again very, very quickly. However yeah, in fact it may very well be wonderful to play towards him once more.”
Do not miss... [FEATURE] [UPDATE]

Alcaraz has already been compelled to skip some huge tournaments after choosing up back-to-back accidents. The world No 1 tore an stomach muscle throughout the Paris Masters and reduce his 2022 season brief, lacking the ATP Finals.
He then injured his leg in pre-season coaching and needed to pull out of the Australian Open the place Djokovic claimed the No 1 rating by profitable the title. After getting revenge by overtaking Djokovic this week, Alcaraz mentioned: “That was tough: to overlook Australia, a Grand Slam I actually wished to play and thought I'd have my probabilities to win.
“But it surely made me study from the issues I wasn’t doing proper. You will be on court docket for 2 or three hours a day, however it’s additionally about the way you handle your self outdoors the court docket: to relaxation, eat effectively, take the proper dietary supplements.”