Madonna fires back at ‘misogynistic and ageist’ comments about Grammy Awards appearance

madonna

Madonna fired again on the critics who've relentlessly taken purpose on the singer since Sunday (Picture: GETTY/TWITTER)

, 64, was dragged on-line by followers, haters and even fellow celebrities after close-up photographs of her emerged as she launched Sam Smith and Kim Petras. Madonna has now taken to and Twitter, replying to the criticisms and blaming a long-lens digicam for her look.

The Like A Virgin singer shared some behind-the-scenes snaps and movies from the Grammys on on Tuesday night.

Whereas within the video the singer celebrated “love”, she didn’t maintain again within the caption as she wrote on to her critics.

She wrote: “As soon as once more I'm caught within the glare of ageism and misogyny That permeates the world we stay in.

“A world that refuses to rejoice ladies previous the age of 45 and feels the necessity to punish her If she continues to be strong-willed, hard-working and adventurous.

:

Madonna

Madonna claimed the photographs have been taken with a long-lens digicam which 'would distort anybody's face' (Picture: GETTY)

“I've by no means apologised for any of the artistic selections I've made nor the way in which that I look or costume and I’m not going to begin.

“I've been degraded by the media because the starting of my profession however I perceive that that is all a take a look at and I'm completely satisfied to do the trailblazing so that every one the ladies behind me can have a better time within the years to return.

“Within the phrases of Beyonce ‘You-won’t break my soul’, I look ahead to many extra years of subversive conduct - pushing boundaries -Standing as much as the patriarchy - and Most of all having fun with my life.”

She signed off: “Bow down b****s!” adopted by a string of emojis.

Sam Smith

Critics like Piers Morgan additionally took purpose on the act Madonna was introducing: Sam Smith and Kim Petras (Picture: GETTY)

The singer additionally fumed about the truth that folks had been specializing in her seems as an alternative of “what I mentioned in my speech”.

Madonna defined: “Many individuals selected to solely speak about close-up photographs of me taken with an extended lens digicam by a press photographer that may distort anybody’s face!!”

Madonna additionally took the time to congratulate Kim Petras and Sam Smith who she launched to carry out on the night.

The pair later went on to win the Finest Pop Duo gramophone for his or her music Unholy.

DONT MISS:

She lovingly declared “it was an honour” to introduce them and famous that whereas she wished to current the Album of the Yr award, she felt this was extra essential.

The award-winning singer defined: “I assumed it was extra essential that I current the primary trans-woman performing on the Grammys— a history-making second!! And on prime of that she received a Grammy!!”

Madonna then took to with a selfie that includes her hair and make-up from the night, however choosing a extra comfy plain black shirt rather than her figure-hugging Grammys outfit.

She wrote: “The world is threatened by my energy and my stamina. My intelligence and my will to outlive.

“However they are going to by no means break me that is all of the take a look at.”

has been an outspoken critic of Madonna, reacting to her most up-to-date tweet with a string of laughing emojis.

The media persona has seemingly lambasted the singer in every single place he discovered the chance.

On Twitter, he denounced her as a “impolite little madam” whereas within the New York Put up he labelled her a “toe-curling, embarrassing shambles”.

On his personal TalkTV present, the journalist took purpose on the performers too, calling Sam Smith “a bit cowardly” for dressing up in a pink cloak with satan horns to carry out the music Unholy.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post