She’s ‘takin’ it again’ and searching good. Meghan Trainor revealed she was over 200 kilos when she gave start to her son earlier than sharing how she dropped the load.
“I used to be [at] my heaviest I’ve ever been,” Meghan Trainormentioned whereas speaking about her weight-loss journey with ET Canada’s Keisha Chanté. Meghan, 28, mentioned she was “like over 200 kilos” when she gave start to her and Daryl Sabara’s son, Riley, in 2021. The being pregnant weight acquire wreaked havoc on her psychological state, and he or she knew she needed to make a change — leading to a weight lack of 60 Lbs. and a regaining of her confidence.

“I simply wasn’t feeling nice. I’ve by no means had stitches, so to have this C-section scar go throughout the stretch marks, I used to be in a extremely darkish place, and I needed to be in an ideal place for my son. So, I labored on daily basis and challenged myself,” the “Made You Look” singer (and Sweet Crush Saga alum) mentioned. “I used to be like, ‘If I can survive a C-section, I can do something!’ And I did. I used to be very devoted, and I began seeing the kilos come off like one week at a time one pound. I realized that I do like wholesome meals, and I realized what parts imply. And I realized my mind is so completely happy after I train, so I’m simply [feeling] higher than ever.”

Forward of releasing her new album, Takin’ It Again, Meghan spoke with Rolling Stoneconcerning the impression her physique had on her confidence and psychological well being. “I used to be all the time unconscious about my physique. And it was actually laborious for me to like my physique. Clearly. I write about it loads. However after having a C-section and a child, I acquired new stretch marks, after which a C-section scar crosses them. Not solely am I like, “What physique is that this?” I’ve by no means had a scar so seeing all these new marks on me like actually, I had PTSD after having a C-section as a result of it's important to be awake.”
“I needed to discover ways to love my physique with all this new sh-t on high of it. And it was horrifying and horrible,” mentioned Meghan, who mentioned she “didn’t really feel horny ever,” which impacted her and Daryl’s intercourse life. Her therapist suggested Meghan to “have a look at your self bare for 5 minutes” to assist her love her physique. The work she did on her physique was translated into her new tune, “Made You Look.”
“I wrote the tune about the truth that, sure, I might put on all the flamboyant garments ever, and I might be dressed up with my stylist and my make-up artist. However I can nonetheless be sizzling with nothing on,” she mentioned. “I can nonetheless look good bare. In order that was that tune. That’s a particular one.”