Olivia Rodrigo wins Best New Artist at 2022 Grammys

It is wanting rather less brutal on the market for everybody's favourite Disney star. Olivia Rodrigo took residence the enduring Grammy for Finest New Artist in addition to Finest Pop Vocal Album.

Rodrigo, whose debut album "Bitter" premiered at #1 on the Billboard Scorching 100 charts, made her Grammy Awards debut on Sunday evening, after being nominated for seven awards, together with the coveted document of the 12 months award. She beat out a number of extremely favored artists for the award, together with FINNEAS, Glass Animals and Japanese Breakfast.

The singer additionally took the stage in an impressed efficiency of her hit track "driver's license." Accepting her award, Rodrigo thanked her collaborators, followers and household for her win, calling the award her "greatest dream come true." 

64th Annual GRAMMY Awards - Telecast
Olivia Rodrigo and V of BTS pose through the sixty fourth Annual Grammy Awards at MGM Grand Backyard Enviornment on April 3, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. 

Kevin Mazur/Getty Photos for The Recording Academy

Rodrigo has credited her album's success to the vulnerability and common feelings she expressed in her lyrics, which have been made common by the social media app TikTok and Rodrigo's relationship with fellow Disney star Joshua Bassett. 

"I've all the time been obsessive about heartbreak songs," Rodrigo informed CBS Sunday Morning's Tracy Smith in 2021. "I wrote heartbreak songs earlier than I had ever had a boyfriend, truthfully. And I've simply all the time been obsessive about that feeling. I feel there's nothing type of extra painful as, like, a human being than that feeling of loss."

"After you write a track, there's, like, no larger euphoria than that," she added. "So I am like, 'Oh, I completed one thing. And I did actually good. And I did my finest. And I took these, like, messy emotions and hopefully made one thing lovely out of it."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post