"Due to the letter, I felt heard and like I mattered for the primary time in my life," Spears wrote in an Instagram put up that includes the invitation on Wednesday.

Britney Spears is addressing an invite to talk in entrance of Congress in regards to the expertise together with her conservatorship, which endured for over a decade.
The letter, signed by Congressmen Charlie Crist and Eric Swalwell, is dated Dec. 1 and congratulates Spears and her lawyer Mathew Rosengart for his or her success in terminating what Spears and her authorized illustration described as an abusive conservatorship in November 2021. In an Instagram put up, the singer acknowledged having “obtained this letter months in the past” and discusses how the “invitation to inform my story” not solely made her grateful however empowered her at a time when she didn’t really feel heard.
After stating that she was “instantly flattered” by the correspondence, which she obtained when she was not “almost on the therapeutic stage I’m in now,” Spears goes on to say that “due to the letter, I felt heard and like I mattered for the primary time in my life !!!”
Spears then addressed her household, explaining how “in a world the place your individual household goes towards you” it may be tough to search out individuals who perceive the scenario and provide empathy. However the pop star repeated her previous feedback that she’s not considering being “a sufferer,” and as a substitute desires to focus her energies on serving to others in related conditions.
“I’m not right here to be a sufferer though I’m the primary to confess I’m fairly tousled by all of it … I wish to assist others in weak conditions, take life by the balls and be courageous!!!” she wrote. “I want I'd have been … I used to be so scared and nothing is worse than your individual household doing what they did to me.”
She concluded her notice by stating that she’s fortunate to have “a small circle of lovely buddies who I can rely on,” however didn’t affirm whether or not she would take the representatives up on their provide.
“In the intervening time,” she concluded, “thanks to Congress for inviting me to the White Home.”
The letter, posted to Spears’ Instagram in its entirety, confirmed that the legislators have been following Spears’ high-profile conservatorship. It additionally included well-wishes for the pop artist in her “journey in direction of justice,” and as a determine who might encourage and empower “many others who're improperly silenced by the conservatorship course of.”
“Many regarding points which are commonplace within the guardianship and conservatorship course of have been dropped at gentle,” the letter says about Spears’ personal conservatorship battle. “Particularly troubling was information that, for years, you have been unable to rent your individual counsel to symbolize your private and monetary pursuits. Different points surrounding the preliminary petition, the eventual permanence of the conservatorship, and being pressured to have interaction in employment towards your will, are all equaling regarding.”
“To that finish, we wished to personally invite you and your counsel to fulfill with us in Congress at a mutually handy time to explain in your individual phrases the way you achieved justice,” it continues. “There is no such thing as a doubt that your story will empower numerous others outdoors the hundreds of thousands which are already impressed by you and your artwork. Please know that you've completely no obligation to do something extra however battle for your self, however if you're keen, we'd recognize studying extra in regards to the emotional and monetary turmoil you confronted with the conservatorship system.”