Nurse, 29, makes £148,000 and only works nine months a year in ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ job

A person makes $187,000 a yr, the equal of £148,102.13, working as a travelling nurse.

Aspen Tucker, 29, from Spartanburg, South Carolina earns his revenue by choosing up short-term contracts nationwide.

Often, nursing contracts final from 4 to 13 weeks and Mr Tucker works 48-to-60 hours per week.

Initially, the nurse noticed a job put up for a travel-nursing place based mostly in Amarillo, Texas which paid $6,700 (£53,06.33) per week.

Chatting with , the 29-year-old mentioned why he felt the urge to robotically leap on the alternative.

:

Mr Tucker on CNBC

Mr Tucker makes $187k a yr as a nurse (Picture: CNBC)

He defined: “I hate to say this, however I didn’t give discover. I received my stuff, went to Texas, and informed my supervisor once I arrived, ‘I’m sorry, I’ve received to go. It is a once-in-a-lifetime alternative.”

Working additional time, Mr Tucker spends extra hours than common at work with a view to safe a greater downtime for himself and his household.

At the moment, the nurse spends solely 9 months of the yr in his job and spends the remainder of the time both on vacation or in South Carolina.

In consequence, Mr Tucker’s annual revenue for 2022 got here to a formidable $187,000 (£148,102.13).

Do not miss...

Mr Tucker on CNBC 2

The nurse is ready to journey the nation and makes more money from actual property (Picture: CNBC)

He started his path to turning into a nurse after securing an affiliate’s diploma with the typical wage for a graduate being $50,000, in response to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Due to journey nursing, Mr Tucker is ready to exceed that wage threshold considerably however there are some drawbacks to his position.

These embrace being away from his household for lengthy intervals of time and troublesome work environments.

Mr Tucker added: “I’m away from dwelling. I’m away from my household, I’m away from my canine. I’m manner outdoors my consolation zone - often in several cities or totally different states. It does have its challenges.

Happy smiling nurse consoling female patient after surgery at hospital

Nursing has modified because the pandemic (Picture: Getty)

“As a workers nurse, you could get eight, 10 and even 13 weeks to get [integrated] working there, however as a journey nurse, you get a day.”

One other subject which arises from being a journey nurse is a extra difficult monetary state of affairs.

Final December, whereas working in California, Mr Tucker was paying for his mortgage in South Carolina and his AirBnB in Fresno; in addition to different twin bills.

In an effort to tackle this dilemma, the 29-year-old nurse started incomes further revenue from actual property.

Not too long ago, he has bought a duplex in Spartanburg and rents half the house to a long-term renter, whereas selecting to listing the opposite half.

On prime of this, Mr Tucker is planning to lease his foremost residence when he's working outdoors the state.

The top recreation is for his actual property revenue to surpass the earnings he makes from being a journey nurse.

He mentioned: “I wish to create extra actual property alternatives for myself in order that I work much less and fewer.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post