Why did Phil Tufnell leave Question of Sport?

is again with welcoming again 9 acquainted faces from the unique collection.

One of many stars hoping to be topped I am A Celeb Legend is 's Query of Sport star and former England cricketer, Phil Tufnell.

Phil retired from skilled cricket earlier than the 2003 season to be able to take part within the Australian model of I am A Celeb, which he went on to win.

The bowler was identified for his cheerful persona which made him a preferred sports activities pundit and TV star.

He was a group captain on Query of Sport from 2008 till the 2021 reshuffle of hosts and presenters.

:

Phil Tufnell: On Question of Sport

Phil Tufnell: The star left Query of Sport in 2021 (Picture: BBC)

He left the sporting panel present after the selected a whole overhaul, giving the collection a brand-new look and line-up.

Paddy McGuinness was made host, with sporting stars Sam Quek and Ugo Monye taking up as group captains.

The adjustments didn't go down nicely with viewers, who slammed the for "ruining" certainly one of their favorite exhibits.

On the time, the defended the shake-up, saying in a press release: "One of many causes the present stays profitable is as a result of the hosts and captains change.

Do not miss... [VIDEO] [POLL]

Phil Tufnell: On I'm A Celeb

Phil Tufnell: The sportsman is on I am A Celeb All Stars (Picture: ITV)

"It’s at all times been essential that Query of Sport stays an genuine sports activities quiz which we hope continues to entertain."

A few months after the reshuffle, Phil spoke out about stepping down from his position on the present, saying it was "a disgrace" he needed to go away.

He informed the Telegraph: "I used to be actually having fun with myself [on the show]. It wasn't like going to work.

"It was simply turning up and having a superb time together with your mates. After which, they form of stated, 'Proper, OK, we'll take it in a brand new course'. And we form of went, 'Oh, crikey. That is a disgrace.

Phil Tufnell: On Question of Sport

Phil Tufnell: The star was group captain (Picture: BBC)

"However there you go. I used to be fairly philosophical about it. In case you do something for 13 or 14 years, you have had a reasonably good stab at it. And so I used to be like, 'OK, thanks for the reminiscences'. And searching again on it, I liked each single minute. I have never bought a foul phrase to say.

"I imply, I keep in mind sitting there once I was a child, with my brother, my mum and pop. We might be in groups. I am with dad, my brother's with my mum. We might sit down and watch Emlyn Hughes.

"So to then be a part of that, first as a participant, which was like a badge of honour – you hadn't made it until you'd been requested to go on Query of Sport – after which as a captain, it was an enormous honour. However primarily simply such amusing."

I am A Celeb All Stars airs on ITV from 9pm. Query of Sport airs on One on Fridays from 7.30pm

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post