ATLANTA, Ga. - Submit-Christmas chaos continues on the Atlanta as Southwest Airways began the day with one other spherical of cancellations.
The Division of Transportation is now vowing to get entangled with the mess that has left hundreds lacking Christmas and now, presumably, New Yr’s plans.
“By no means had an issue with southwest, so I’m very assured,” stated Kelly Crinshaw, who's flying Southwest to West Palm Seashore.
Whereas Kelly Crinshaw and her husband are making their flight immediately, Southwest has already introduced that extra delays are on the way in which
“Our plan for the subsequent few days is to fly a decreased schedule and reposition our folks and planes. And we’re making headway and we’re optimistic to be again on monitor earlier than subsequent week,” stated Bob Joran, the airline’s CEO.
“It was a bit of stunning, , for Southwest. I’m positive they’re going to get the whole lot remedied shortly. I imply, it may’ve been delta, it may’ve been united, it may’ve been anyone,” stated Crinshaw.
However the Division of Transportation isn’t so positive that’s true. They’ve opened a particular investigation into if numerous Southwest’s cancellations had been inside the airline’s management and never simply solely primarily based on climate.
“I need passengers to know that this division has their again. We're going to be holding the airline accountable for the way in which they deal with passengers,” stated Pete Buttigieg, the U.S. Transportation secretary.
It’s not simply southwest experiencing issues. Frontier clients are stuffed with frustration.
“Horrible as a result of we’re ready two hours simply to get to the primary checkpoint. That is solely the primary half, we didn’t even get via safety,” stated Jorvan, who’s flying to San Juan.
A number of individuals who got here to the airport on time inform Atlanta Information First that they missed their flights due to the wait to test luggage.
“Inform us to return earlier. You stated to return three hours, I’m right here three hours and I’m nonetheless ready three hours,” stated Jorvan.
A number of senators have known as on Southwest to present affected vacationers vital financial compensation for the disruption to their vacation plans.