After retaining quiet about her well being points for fairly a while, Celine Dion revealed her Stiff Particular person Syndrome analysis and introduced the cancellation of her upcoming tour.
Celine Dion, 54, has cancelled the upcoming 2023 European dates of her Braveness world tour resulting from her ongoing well being points. She lastly revealed her well being analysis, which is an incurable illness known as Stiff Particular person Syndrome. Celine “I’m sorry it’s taken me so lengthy to achieve out to you,” Celine stated in an Instagram video. “I miss you all a lot and I can’t wait to be on stage speaking to you in individual. As you understand, I’ve all the time been an open guide and I wasn’t able to say something earlier than. However I’m prepared now. I’ve been coping with issues with my well being for a very long time and it’s been actually troublesome for me to face these challenges and to speak about all the things that I’ve been going via. Not too long ago, I’ve been recognized with a really uncommon neurological dysfunction known as stiff individual syndrome, which impacts one thing like one in one million folks.”
Celine defined that the Stiff Particular person Syndrome has been inflicting her to have spasms, which has affected her “every day life,” from strolling to having the ability to use her vocal cords to sing. She then went on to verify that she’s not able to restart her tour in Europe, which was meant to kick off in Feb. 2023. “I've an important group of medical doctors working alongside me to assist me get higher, and my treasured youngsters, who're supporting me and giving me hope,” Celine assured followers. “I’m working arduous with my sports activities drugs therapist each day to construct again my energy and skill to carry out once more.”

Nonetheless, she didn’t cover the very fact this has been a “battle” for her, particularly because it’s stored her from doing the factor she loves probably the most: singing. Celine was close to tears as she addressed her followers. “I miss you a lot. I miss seeing all of you, being on the stage, performing for you,” she continued. “I all the time give 100% after I do my reveals, however my situation is just not permitting me to try this proper now. For me to achieve you once more, I've no selection however to focus on my well being at this second and I've hope that I’m on the street to restoration. That's my focus and I’m doing all the things that I can to recuperate.”
Celine needed to cancel different tour dates earlier this yr resulting from her intense muscle spasms. She additionally needed to delay her newest Las Vegas residency stint again within the fall of 2021 resulting from well being points. Nonetheless, in 2023, Celine will be on the large display, as she stars within the new film Love Once more alongside Sam Heughan and Priyanka Chopra.
In Jan. 2016, Celine misplaced her husband, Rene Angelil, to throat most cancers. She and Rene have three sons collectively: Rene-Charles, 21, and twins Nelson and Eddy, 12.