Tim Allen Gushes Over His ‘Amazing’ Daughter Elizabeth, 14, In ‘The Santa Clauses’: She ‘Surprised’ Me (Exclusive)


Tim Allen and daughter Elizabeth Allen-Dick open up about working as father and daughter onscreen within the new 'Santa Clauses' TV collection.

It was destiny for Elizabeth Allen-Dick, Tim Allen’s real-life daughter, to play Scott Calvin/Santa Claus’ daughter within the Disney+ collection The Santa Clauses. Nevertheless, Tim instructed HollywoodLife EXCLUSIVELY that having his 14-year-old play Sandra Claus wasn’t the plan from the beginning. “This was actually fairly by chance. I needed her in as a shock for her and for her mother…” he mentioned.

Tim confused that Elizabeth’s street to getting solid “had nothing to do with me.” However then everybody realized how good Elizabeth was for the position.

Tim Allen
Tim Allen and daughter Elizabeth Allen-Dick at ‘The Santa Clauses’ premiere. (Broadimage/Shutterstock)

He added, “I actually mentioned I need to keep out of this. Casting mentioned, ‘Oh, she’s about the correct age. We’ll have a learn for a component as a result of she may say ‘hi there’ then.’ She learn and occurred to be studying Sandra Claus that day, and I mentioned, ‘Actually, I don’t need this. Not even positive I need her on this.’ She learn it and even I heard her learn and went. ‘Wow, she received the joke.’ There was a extremely humorous joke in there between her and Mrs. Claus within the scene.”

After going by way of casting and all of the hoops, Elizabeth was provided the position. “It occurred so naturally, so organically, and she or he earned it. She was nice at this and shocked each her mom and I,” Tim mentioned.

For Elizabeth, getting the chance to have her first onscreen position alongside her dad was a dream come true. “I don’t have sufficient phrases to clarify it. I had no thought what to anticipate, to be trustworthy,” Elizabeth instructed HollywoodLife. “I imply, I’ve at all times been round units and across the enterprise however not in it. It was simply unbelievable. It was a lot enjoyable. I by no means felt like I had in the future of labor all through the 2 months of capturing. It was by no means work to me. It was by no means hectic. I used to be by no means nervous. It was simply a lot enjoyable.”

This was a singular expertise for the Residence Enchancment alum as properly. “I’m on set, I’m Tim Allen. At house, I’m dad,” he mentioned. With The Santa Clauses, he needed to be each. He continued, “There are scenes that I've to cope with my daughter, Sandra Claus, as Santa Claus, that so mirrored moments that we’ve had collectively as father and daughter. I don’t know what else to say. That simply doesn’t occur. I completed the scene, and we drilled that scene. All people mentioned it was emotional. It didn’t harm that I’m taking a look at my love’s eyes like this. That is my youngest, and she or he mentioned it was an incredible expertise. There’s no technique to describe it. It was superb.”

Elizabeth wasn’t even alive but when The Santa Clause 3 got here out in 2006. She revealed how she reacted to seeing her dad in his Santa Claus costume for the primary time on set:

Tim Allen
Tim Allen with daughter Elizabeth Allen-Dick, Elizabeth Mitchell, and extra in ‘The Santa Clauses.’ (Disney+)

“I really like this story. So it was the second day and the primary time I’d seen him, and we have been sitting in type of the Santa room lounge/space. And it was like a half circle after which like a hallway. I hear the assistant director and he’s on his walkie and he’s like, ‘Okay, all people, Tim Allen’s entered the constructing.’ We received to unfold out, go to the edges, and everybody’s simply type of like plastered up in opposition to the partitions. What is occurring? And I simply see him flip round. He has the fats go well with on, he has the make-up, he has the hair, and he comes down that hallway and I received goosebumps… It was simply so cool to see how many individuals he has impacted and with the outdated films and now once more, it was simply magical. He’s instructed me many instances my older sister, who is way older than me, when she first noticed him — she was born when the primary film got here out — she cried when she first noticed him. So now I can brag to her now that I didn’t cry.”

The Santa Clauses may have a two-episode premiere on November 16. The present will then drop one new episode per week on Disney+.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post