Zooey Deschanel on new Merryfield app, resurgence of "New Girl"

When actress and singer Zooey Deschanel was pregnant, she took "consuming for 2" critically.  

"I used to be making an attempt to eat actually wholesome as a result of I felt like an enormous accountability being pregnant. I used to be like 'Oh my gosh, this meals I am consuming is like going to the child.' I am like, 'What am I gonna do?' So, I used to be making an attempt to eat wholesome. I began trying into every thing I used to be consuming and I discovered it was troublesome to seek out data," Deschanel advised "CBS Mornings." 

She found throughout this time that wholesome and nutritious groceries had been onerous to seek out and costly. This impressed her to begin an organization known as "Lettuce Develop" in 2019 that helps present hydroponic rising methods to individuals to develop indoor gardens. 

Deschanel stated that after creating Lettuce Develop, she felt she may take it a step additional and assist different features of wholesome consuming. So, she created the app Merryfield, which goals to make more healthy choices cheaper for everybody, regardless of their social standing. 

Merryfield has been "an incredible expertise as a result of we have had so many individuals attain out to us and say that is the distinction between me with the ability to afford this wholesome meals for my kids, for my household, and never afford it," stated Deschanel.  

Via Merryfield, customers scan their grocery retailer receipts after purchasing.  They then get rewards for getting objects from Merryfield's dozens of companion manufacturers which the corporate has vetted to suit their requirements and deemed higher for you.  

The Merryfield app is free to all customers — customers solely obtain rewards for utilizing it.  

"You might have every week to scan the receipt after which it simply does all of the give you the results you want and also you get factors," she stated. "I really like gamifying wholesome consuming. It simply actually helps or not it's enjoyable after which additionally, it helps or not it's extra accessible to individuals."  

Deschanel's enterprise into the well being world is sort of totally different from her profitable profession as an actress. She famously performed Jess within the tv collection, "New Woman." The present stopped airing in 2018 however has discovered a brand new viewers because it was placed on streaming platforms like Netflix — one thing Deschanel stated is nice to see.  

"It has been so great really, lots of people assume it's nonetheless on the air and I am like 'No, we stopped capturing... 5 years in the past.' It is had a resurgence and it is good to see it has longevity and endurance," she stated.  

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post