Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo advised CBS Information senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge on Thursday that if he decides to run for president, he'll announce his bid someday subsequent 12 months.
Pompeo, previously a member of Congress, was each CIA director and secretary of state below former President Donald Trump. Up to now a number of months, there was hypothesis that he might search his former boss' job. Throughout his interview on "Purple and Blue," Herridge identified that he has been engaged on his health and authored a brand new e-book, "By no means Give an Inch: Preventing for the America I Love."
When Herridge requested if he'll run for president subsequent 12 months, Pompeo responded, "I do not know."
"We've not figured that out," he mentioned. "You recognize — one might draw a straight line there. One should not. That may be dangerous knowledge administration. I used to be fitter earlier than I used to be in politics too, so this isn't distinctive. You do not have to resolve you wish to run for president to get more healthy."
Though nonetheless undecided, he mentioned the announcement would come "someplace after the primary of the 12 months, first caucuses and till the start of '24, however someday within the spring of subsequent 12 months, we are going to start to show our focus to making an attempt to get that proper."
"And if it isn't, Catherine, if it isn't me, if we conclude it isn't me, I'll keep on this struggle," Pompeo added.
The interview airs on CBS Information' "Purple and Blue" Thursday evening.