Kathie Lee Gifford Shades Kelly Ripa After Regis Philbin Diss: ‘I’m Not Gonna Read’ Her Book


Relations between Kathie Lee Gifford and Kelly Ripa stay shady, as Kathie Lee says she will not learn Kelly's guide!

Kathie Lee Gifford isn’t there for Kelly Ripa‘s new tales! The long-lasting TV host, 69, flat out says she gained’t be studying Kelly’s new guide Dwell Wire: Lengthy-Winded Brief Tales. “I used to be very sorry to see the headlines,” the previous Dwell! With Regis and Kathie Lee host instructed Fox 5’s Rosanna Scotto in an October 10 interview, per Us Weekly. “You realize, you by no means know what’s true and what’s not true. I went, ‘I hope this isn’t true. I simply hope it isn’t.’ ‘Trigger what’s the purpose? I don’t get it. I don’t get it.” The feedback had been in response to Kelly’s claims about her relationship with Regis Philbin, with whom each ladies hosted the legendary daytime discuss present — Kelly famously took Kathie’s place in 2001. Regis died in July 2020 at age 88.

Regis and Kathie Lee
Regis and Kathie Lee (RICHARD DREW/AP/Shutterstock)

Particularly, per Us, Kelly claimed within the guide that there was an influence battle and questioned the thought of “seniority,” claiming it was by no means bestowed on her. “My title needed to be smaller than Regis’ title on the Dwell! title card and branding,” she wrote. “A recreation of inches, which speaks for itself. However on that we agreed. Seniority, in any case.” The attractive mom of three took over for Kathie in 2001 and hosted the present alongside the veteran host till 2011.

Regis and Kelly
Regis and Kelly (Kathy Willens/AP/Shutterstock)

Kathie continued, defending the Who Needs To Be A Millionaire alum. “I’m not gonna learn the guide,” she stated throughout the October 10 interview. “I haven’t learn it. I don’t even know if it’s out but.” Going additional, she expounded on her friendship with Regis. “I simply know what Regis was to me, Rosanna,” she defined. “He was 15 years the perfect accomplice I may ever have professionally. However he was my buddy. We had been expensive associates and after I left the present … for the following 20 years we grew to become higher associates. Dearer associates.” She additionally remembered the “final time” she heard Regis snicker, two weeks earlier than his dying, and hoped that the publicity for the guide wouldn’t negatively influence his widow Pleasure Philbin and his 4 grown kids, together with Joanna and J.J. with Pleasure.

“Lord, shield Pleasure and the ladies from this,” she stated, including, “In all of the years I’ve identified him, I by no means noticed him unkind to anybody. I by no means did. I’m simply saying my actuality is one thing fully completely different from that.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post