Will Packer Is “Pulling” for Will Smith After Oscars Slap Video Apology: “I Love the Fact That He’s Being So Transparent”

"I’m pulling for him to proceed his personal course of, however I believe that is for him. He must do it," the filmmaker and 2022 Oscars producer mentioned on the latest pink carpet premiere of 'The Beast.'

Will Packer says that he's “pulling” for Will Smith following the actor’s latest Instagram video assertion over his habits on the 2022 Oscars ceremony, throughout which he slapped Chris Rock on the Dolby Theatre stage.


In a brand new interview with Leisure Tonight on the carpet of the producer’s new movie The Beast, Packer shared his ideas on Smith’s video apology to Rock and his household, his fellow Oscars attendees and his household.


The video additionally featured Smith answering generally floated questions on his actions throughout and after the annual awards present, with him opening up about what fueled his choice to slap Rock after the Oscars presenter and comic made an unscripted remark about Jada Pinkett Smith’s bald coiffure forward of saying the perfect documentary winner.


“I really like the truth that he’s being so clear about his course of,” Packer mentioned of Smith’s video statements. “Clearly, he's going by way of his personal private rehabilitation.”


Within the video, Smith denies Pinkett Smith was behind his split-second choice to bodily confront Rock and addresses how his actions on the ceremony left him feeling “deeply remorseful.”


“Disappointing folks is my central trauma. I hate after I let folks down. So it hurts. It hurts me psychologically and emotionally to know I didn’t reside as much as folks’s picture and impression of me,” Smith defined. “I’m a human and I made a mistake, and I’m making an attempt not to consider myself as a bit of shit.”


Packer went on to say that following the video he was pulling for each Rock and Smith, and wishing the Oscar winner and King Richard star the perfect. “I’m pulling for him to proceed his personal course of, however I believe that is for him. He must do it.”


Packer is the newest voice discussing Smith’s actions following the discharge of the video. The actor’s daughter, singer Willow Smith, additionally not too long ago spoke concerning the Oscars incident in a profile with Billboard, telling the journal that what occurred didn’t “rock me as a lot as my very own inner demons” however that due to the high-profile and extremely seen place her household is in, “our humanness generally isn’t accepted, and we’re anticipated to behave in a method that isn’t conducive to a wholesome human life and isn’t conducive to being sincere.”


Packer additionally addressed how he feels about the best way the 2022 Oscars ceremony, which he was a producer of, has been remembered. The Hollywood filmmaker and thoughts behind Will Packer Productions is hoping that with time, the present shall be remembered for its historic moments past the Smith-Rock slap.


“Folks at all times speak about that [slap], however I hope that over time folks will understand it was an brisk, various, history-making Oscars ceremony,” he mentioned. “Numerous power went into it. I’m very prideful of it.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post