Serena Williams Says She’s “Evolving Away From Tennis” After U.S. Open

The famous person athlete revealed her plans in a Vogue essay.


Tennis famous person Serena Williams is ready to retire from tennis after this 12 months’s U.S. Open, she writes in a Vogue cowl story that posted on Tuesday.


Williams writes that she doesn’t just like the phrase “retirement,” however she says she’s transferring on to deal with different companies and her household.


“I've by no means preferred the phrase retirement,” she writes for Vogue. “It doesn’t really feel like a contemporary phrase to me. I’ve been pondering of this as a transition, however I need to be delicate about how I exploit that phrase, which suggests one thing very particular and vital to a group of individuals. Perhaps the perfect phrase to explain what I’m as much as is evolution. I’m right here to inform you that I’m evolving away from tennis, towards different issues which are vital to me. Just a few years in the past I quietly began Serena Ventures, a enterprise capital agency. Quickly after that, I began a household. I need to develop that household.”


Within the Vogue essay, Williams remembers listening to daughter Olympia say she needs to be an enormous sister however writes that she by no means wished to have to decide on between tennis and having a household, saying she doesn’t “assume it’s truthful.”


“If I had been a man, I wouldn’t be penning this as a result of I’d be on the market taking part in and profitable whereas my spouse was doing the bodily labor of increasing our household,” Williams writes. “Perhaps I’d be extra of a Tom Brady if I had that chance.”

Extra to return.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post