Chris Rock Insists He’s ‘Not A Victim’ After Will Smith Oscars Slap: I ‘Shook It ‘Off’


The comedy icon spoke about his emotions concerning the notorious slapping incident throughout a New Jersey comedy present with Kevin Hart.

Chris Rock appears unbothered by the “slap heard all over the world” virtually 4 months after Will Smith unexpectedly hit him onstage on the Academy Awards. The 57-year-old comedian reportedly addressed the incident whereas performing on the PNC Financial institution Arts Heart in New Jersey on Sunday, July 24. The comedian mentioned that although the slap “damage,” he didn’t let it part him, in keeping with an eyewitness who recounted some jokes to Us Weekly“I’m not a sufferer,” he reportedly advised the group.

Chris joked concerning the Oscars incident throughout a current comedy present. (Shutterstock)

Whereas there was a lot controversy after Will, 53, rushed the stage and smacked Chris, the Tamborine comedian mentioned he bounced again, seemingly referencing how he had comedy exhibits scheduled shortly after the looks. “Yeah, that s**t damage, motherf**ker,” he mentioned. “I shook that s**t off and went to work the following day… I don’t go to the hospital for a papercut.” In one other joke concerning the ache of getting slapped, Chris performed off frequent idioms. “Anybody who says ‘phrases damage’ has by no means been punched within the face,” he reportedly quipped.

Shortly after the Oscars incident occurred, Chris had shied away from talking concerning the slap. At his first present after the Academy Awards, he talked about that he was taking time earlier than addressing it. “I had like a complete present I wrote earlier than this weekend. I’m nonetheless kinda processing what occurred. So in some unspecified time in the future, I’ll speak about that s**t. So I’m gonna inform some jokes,” he mentioned at an April gig in Boston. Within the months because the slap, he’s peppered his act with just a few references to the incident.

Chris has slowly began to open up concerning the slap on-stage. (Shutterstock)

After the incident, Will had launched a press release resigning from the Academy, who additionally gave him a decade-long ban in April. After the slap, he additionally issued a public apology to the comic in March. “I want to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I used to be out of line and I used to be incorrect. I'm embarrassed and my actions weren't indicative of the person I need to be. There is no such thing as a place for violence in a world of affection and kindness,” wrote on the time.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post