The 'Baywatch' star and mom additionally spoke about why she joined the Broadway musical: "I am doing this for myself, which is uncommon."

Pamela Anderson says her not too long ago introduced Netflix documentary shall be at the least two components and can characteristic a have a look at her Broadway debut in Chicago.
The Baywatch actress gave an replace on the doc, introduced earlier this month, whereas discussing her flip because the musical’s lead, Roxie, a girl jailed for homicide who turns her trial right into a media frenzy in hopes of getting her massive break. Chatting with Good Morning America Wednesday, Anderson mentioned that “up to now,” her doc shall be in two components and partly comply with her Broadway function.
“They’re really following me by means of this journey, so that they get to see just a little little bit of me making ready for Roxie as effectively,” she mentioned. “However we weren’t intending on doing that. Roxie simply got here alongside actually in the previous few weeks.”
Anderson additionally opened up in regards to the Broadway gig, telling GMA that co-producer Barry Weissler known as her in regards to the function “only a few weeks in the past,” earlier than she jumped into rehearsing for a number of weeks in L.A. She then got here to New York, the place she is now in her second week of making ready for the function.
“How will you say no to him?” the actress mentioned of the provide to play Roxie. “It was simply so outrageous, I believed. And it’s good timing. My youngsters are grown … so now I really feel prefer it’s time. I would like a problem. I must do one thing. I wanted this. I’ve been gone for a short while and I’m again to the problem.”
Anderson says she enjoys the sensation of being challenged within the function up to now and that she’s “stunning” herself singing and dancing.
“I like that sort of harmful, loopy feeling you can’t do one thing, and then you definately shock your self. Possibly you don’t know what you’re able to till you attempt it,” she mentioned. “In order that’s what I’m actually interested in: What can I really do? As a result of I sort of haven’t utilized myself an excessive amount of in my life aside from my youngsters.”
Anderson additionally mentioned she has a private connection to the function, which “feels just a little parallel” to her personal life.
“I really feel like this appears very meant to be. The function is so nice,” she informed GMA. “The media is so highly effective and it’s actually sort of — it’s simply attention-grabbing the way it’s affected my life. You simply bought to profit from what you bought. You bought to profit from any alternative, and generally issues will seem to be a nasty factor; you may flip it into an excellent factor.”
“I simply really feel like that is actually a second for me to shine for as soon as,” she mentioned later. “I’m doing this for myself, which is uncommon.”
Information of Anderson’s Chicago casting, which can see her star within the long-running Broadway musical from April to June, got here simply 5 days after Netflix introduced it was teaming with the actress on a documentary that will “inform her story” by means of never-before-seen archival and journalistic materials along with interviews with Anderson.