High school athlete raises more than $13,000 for best friend who was paralyzed while playing football

Smyrna, Georgia — As sixth-graders, Jordan Sloan and Marcos San Miguel discovered a gem within the gymnasium: their friendship. 

"He was the one man I talked to about virtually something I had on my thoughts," San Miguel advised CBS Information. 

The most effective mates had been standout athletes. However 18 months in the past, Sloan took successful to the top enjoying soccer, which resulted in brain-stem trauma. His mom mentioned he could not transfer his arms or legs. 

"The remainder of his mind is completely high quality. His stability and coordination has been thrown utterly off," Sloan's mom, Jasmine Jamieson, advised CBS Information. 

Keen himself to play sports activities once more, the 16-year-old now attends rehab six days per week. 

"It was very exhausting to see my greatest buddy like that," San Miguel mentioned. 

So he began a pledge drive for his buddy's household. Supporters donate each time he takes a cost on the basketball courtroom.  

"I actually needed simply to do no matter I may to assist," he mentioned. "He would have carried out one thing comparable for me." 

San Miguel has raised greater than $13,000 to date for his greatest buddy. 

"I do not know that I'll ever have the ability to actually thank him," Jamieson mentioned. "I'll strive for the remainder of my life." 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post