Daisy Lowe Admits She Had A ‘Rocky Start’ With Gavin Rossdale Finding Out He Was Her Dad

The English mannequin opened up about her relationship along with her dad, together with the ups-and-downs of studying she was his daughter as an adolescent, throughout a brand new podcast interview.

Daisy Lowe, 33, acquired fairly a shock when she was 15-years-old, when she discovered that Gavin Rossdale, 56, who she thought was her godfather on the time was certainly her organic father. Daisy spoke about adapting to the brand new dynamic in a brand new interview with That Gaby Roslin Podcast on Monday March 21. She stated that there was a “rocky begin” to the connection, partially because of it being an intense time and making an attempt to navigate the tough discovery as an adolescent.

Daisy’s mother Pearl Lowe, 51, had her again in 1989, however her relationship with Gavin wasn’t revealed till 2004, when the rocker took a paternity take a look at and discovered that Daisy was his daughter, and he or she stated that it was a very “intense” time, because the paternity take a look at drama was being found within the public eye. “There is no such thing as a handbook for locating out that your goddaughter is basically your daughter or that your godfather is your father,” she stated, per DailyMail.

Gavin and Daisy go for a stroll within the park in 2013. (Splashnews)

Regardless of having a tough time after they first discovered that they have been father and daughter, Daisy admitted that realizing that Gavin was her organic dad was like a light-weight turning on, after realizing she was nothing like the person she thought was her dad. “The humorous factor was, the second that I discovered that he could possibly be my dad, I used to be like, ‘Oh this makes good sense.’ We predict in the identical approach and we have now so many fairly horrifying similarities,” she stated. “The man who I believed was my dad, I didn’t actually know, and after I met him I got here house and I stated to my mum, ‘I really feel no reference to this man.’

As Daisy has a powerful relationship along with her dad now, she’s additionally shaped a powerful bond along with her youthful half-brothers, who Gavin shares along with his ex-wife Gwen Stefani. She stated that she frequently FaceTimes the boys, they usually have “the perfect time,” when she goes to go to.

Talking of getting enjoyable occasions collectively, it looks as if one in every of Daisy and Gavin’s most up-to-date bonding moments along with her youthful brothersKingston, 15, Zuma, 13, and Apollo, 8, got here in January, when the Bush vocalist wished his daughter a cheerful birthday. “Essentially the most beneficiant, candy, beautiful, considerate, variety and empathetic daughter and sister. We love you a lot and we're in awe of you,” Gavin wrote in an Instagram put up for his daughter.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post