Chris Rock Says He’s ‘Still Processing’ Will Smith Slap In 1st Stand-Up Show Since Oscars

The comic addressed the elephant within the room at his stand-up present in Boston, MA, his first after the slap on the Academy Awards.

Chris Rock lastly opened up concerning the slapping incident with Will Smith that happened on-stage on the Academy Awards at his comedy present in Boston on Wednesday March 30. Chris admitted he’s “nonetheless processing” the surprising incident as he carried out on the Wilbur Theater. “What’s up, Boston?” he reportedly requested the group, earlier than including: “How was your weekend?!” Because the comedy present attendees apparently began getting rowdy and screaming issues like, “Sue him Chris, sue him,” he spoke out.

“I don’t have a bunch of s— about what occurred,” he mentioned, based on the New York Submit, earlier than revealing he already wrote his entire comedy present earlier than the headline-making slap occurred. “I had like an entire present I wrote earlier than this weekend. I’m nonetheless kinda processing what occurred. So sooner or later, I’ll speak about that s–. So I’m gonna inform some jokes It’s good to be out.”

The incident occurred after Chris made a joke about Will’s spouse Jada Pinkett Smith and her shaved head look, the place he quipped that she’d star in a G.I. Jane sequel. After Will stormed the stage and hit him, Chris mentioned, “Wow, Will Smith simply smacked the s**t out of me.” After the yelling subsided, Chris went on to current the award for Finest Documentary. Chris had determined to not press costs towards The Recent Prince of Bel-Air star.

Chris lastly spoke out concerning the slapping incident on the Oscars. (Rob Latour/Shutterstock)

Chris’ assertion got here Tktime after the King Richard star launched an announcement apologizing to the comedian. Will penned a prolonged apology, which included him condemning utilizing violence. “I wish to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I used to be out of line and I used to be fallacious. I'm embarrassed and my actions weren't indicative of the person I need to be. There is no such thing as a place for violence in a world of affection and kindness,” he wrote.

Despite the fact that Chris isn’t urgent costs, the Academy did announce that it could maintain a proper assessment of the incident to “discover additional motion and penalties” for Will. “The Academy condemns the actions of Mr. Smith finally evening’s present,” the group mentioned in an announcement.

Chris and Will have been essentially the most talked about second from the Oscars. (Rob Latour/Shutterstock)

Because the “slap heard ’around the world,” tons of individuals have weighed in, and its sparked a lot debate each about Will slapping the comic and Chris’ joke. Days after the present, Jada broke her silence on social media and shared a cryptic message. “It is a season for therapeutic, and I’m right here for it,” the put up mentioned.

 

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post