Amy Schumer Says Will Smith’s Oscar Slap ‘Triggered & Traumatized’ Her: I’m Still ‘Stunned

The ‘slap heard ’around the world’ went down whereas Amy Schumer hosted the Oscars. Now, the comic says the violent confrontation between Will Smith and Chris Rock left her with a ‘sickening feeling.’

Days after Will Smithslapped the style out of Chris Rockon the 94th Academy Awards for making a joke at Jada Pinkett-Smith‘s expense, Amy Schumercontinues to be coping with lingering emotions from the incident. As one of many Oscars’ hosts, Amy, 40, had the duty of attempting to make everybody snicker after the awkward interplay. Whereas she efficiently defused the strain within the Dolby Theatre with a joke, Amy mentioned she’s nonetheless going by what went down. “I feel we are able to all agree that one of the simplest ways to unpack what occurred is to stream my collection @lifeandbethhulu and see me on tour this fall,” Amy posted on Mar. 30. “However for actual. Nonetheless triggered and traumatized.”

“I like my pal [Chris, 57]  and consider he dealt with it like a professional. Stayed up there and gave an Oscar to his pal [Questlove] and the entire thing was so disturbing. A lot ache in [Will, 53]. Anyway, I’m nonetheless in shock and shocked, and unhappy. I’m happy with myself and my cohosts. However yeah. Ready for this sickening feeling to go away from what all of us witnessed.”

Amy seemingly drew the quick straw between her fellow cohosts – Wanda Sykes and Regina Corridor – when it got here to going out on stage following Will and Chris’s incident. “I’ve been getting out of the Spider-Man costume,” Amy mentioned, referring to an earlier skit the place she, Wanda, 58, and Regina, 51, dressed up as characters from a number of the 12 months’s greatest motion pictures. “Did I miss something?” joked Amy, taking part in dumb about what had gone down. “There’s, like, a distinct vibe in right here. Most likely not… effectively anyway.” ‘

(Shutterstock)

For the reason that slap – and Will shouting at Chris to “preserve my spouse’s identify out your f-cking mouth” – everybody has weighed in on the incident. Nicki Minaj defended Will for standing up for his spouse. Jim Carrey known as the Oscars viewers “spineless” for applauding Will after successful the Finest Actor award. 50 Cent laughed at how Will “slap[ped] the sh-t out of Chris” whereas additionally giving props to Chris for not urgent fees. Sonny Hostin was “horrified” by the “infantile” habits, and Zoe Kravitz threw shade on the entire affair.

A day after the Oscars, Will publicly apologized to Chris. “I used to be out of line, and I used to be flawed,” Will wrote. “I'm embarrassed, and my actions weren't indicative of the person I wish to be. There isn't a place for violence in a world of affection and kindness.” Will mentioned that whereas jokes about him are “a part of the job,” he wouldn’t tolerate jokes about Jada’s autoimmune dysfunction. “[It] was an excessive amount of for me to bear, and I reacted emotionally.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post