Tom Hanks’ Fans Defend Him After Son Chet Says He Lacked Strong ‘Role Model’ As A Kid

Tom Hanks’ followers referred to as him a ‘high quality’ individual and extra on social media, in response to his son Chet opening up about his upbringing and revealing he ‘encountered numerous disdain, animosity and negativity.’

Tom Hanksson Chet Hanks, 31, is getting numerous consideration after admitting he struggled with the celebrity his 65-year-old dad had whereas he was rising up, in a brand new YouTube video. After the actor and musician, whose mom is Rita Wilson, revealed that he didn’t have a “robust male position mannequin” rising up, Tom’s followers instantly got here to his protection by sharing feedback on social media that included their excessive opinions of the Forrest Gump star.

“Ummm…. Sir, your father was WHOLE Tom Hanks!!! Are you kidding me?? He wasn’t a robust male position mannequin?? 🙄🙄🙄,” one fan wrote on Twitter whereas one other wrote, “My sister is a private assistant/nanny. One of many folks she at all times talked fondly of was Tom Hanks and the way concerned he appeared together with his kids.”

“So ‘robust male position fashions’ equals douchebag in his world?? As a result of tom hanks is a top quality individual,” a 3rd fan shared whereas a fourth wrote, “OMG. That is simply pathetic. Nobody. Nobody has an ideal childhood or life with out issues. Poor Chet was the son of a well-known man.”

The feedback got here after Chet defined how he felt rising up in his video, and touched upon some constructive and “unfavourable” experiences he had due to his relation to a star. After speaking about how he felt lots of people have been “intimidated” by him, he revealed he went down “a path of self-destruction” and wished he had somebody to provide him good recommendation.

Tom Hanks, Chet Hanks
Tom Hanks and Chet Hanks at a earlier occasion. ( Dave Allocca/Starpix/Shutterstock)

“I didn’t have a robust male position mannequin to inform me that. To inform me, ‘Bro, f*ck these folks. They're simply jealous of you. You could have all this stuff that they need so they're attempting to f*cking throw their shade at you so you possibly can really feel sh*tty about your self as a result of they're jealous’,” he mentioned. “I wanted to listen to that. I didn’t have anybody to inform me that. That is me now telling the youthful model of myself what I wanted to listen to then.”

“My expertise was much more sophisticated as a result of, on prime of fame already being poisonous, I wasn’t even well-known,” he continued. “I used to be simply the son of any individual well-known, so I hadn’t even accomplished something to deserve any form of recognition and that created numerous contempt.”

The Northwestern College graduate then went on to speak about how a few of his faculty friends additionally went by way of “jealousy” when he began getting acknowledged for being Tom’s son. “Individuals would make up their minds about me earlier than they even acquired the prospect to know me and it was extraordinarily exhausting to interrupt down their partitions,” he claimed whereas including that the expertise induced him to have “hostility” towards others. “So, I encountered numerous disdain, numerous animosity and negativity. As a result of all people was simply ready to hate my guts.”

Regardless of the struggles, Chet made positive to say the “benefits” and expressed gratitude for the scenario he was born into. “There’s numerous benefits however typically it may be fairly bizarre. I acquired to do numerous cool sh*t that lots of people don’t get the chance to do,” he mentioned. “I acquired to journey the world, keep in good lodges, fly on personal planes and I’m very blessed for that. I wouldn’t change my scenario.”

Take a look at Chet’s full video above.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post