Mining magnate Clive Palmer has taken the stand to present proof at his defamation listening to towards Western Australian Premier Mark McGowan.
The pair have been concerned in an ongoing disagreement since 2020 over border closures, COVID-19 restrictions and potential remedies for the virus.
One of many allegedly defamatory feedback by Mr McGowan was in response to Mr Palmer shopping for $30 million price of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine in 2020.
"He needed to return to WA to advertise hydroxychloroquine as some kind of remedy for COVID," Mr McGowan stated on the time.
"Not solely is it not a remedy, it is harmful."
As we speak Mr Palmer, who's staying on his boat Australia in Sydney Harbour during the trial, advised the courtroom the feedback had been unfair.
"It was the equal of suggesting I used to be a drug supplier," he stated.
4 days after his preliminary feedback, Mr McGowan upped the stakes as Mr Palmer frequently complained about Western Australia's laborious border.
"We're in a struggle with Clive Palmer and it is a struggle we intend to win," the WA Premier stated in August 2020.
Mr Palmer stated at present: "I did not suppose WA had the facility to declare struggle on anybody... I felt it spelled sayonara for me and my firms."
The spat between the 2 males bought so dangerous Mr Palmer stated he feared for his security and that of his household.
He additionally claimed he believed the WA Premier may kill him with out being prosecuted.
"It simply bought an excessive amount of for me, I ended up vomiting questioning what we may do," he advised the courtroom.
In courtroom, Mr McGowan's high-profile lawyer Bret Walker repeatedly accused the mining boss of mendacity and giving foolish solutions on the stand, and at one level Mr Palmer hit again on the barrister and advised him: "I do not want you to inform me what I perceive."
Exterior courtroom this afternoon, Mr Palmer stated he had been painted as a villain by the Western Australian chief.
"I've no in poor health will in direction of Mark McGowan or his household, however Mark was very profitable on the final state election, and he principally did that by making me Dr Evil in Western Australia," he stated.
When requested concerning the case at present, Mr McGowan stated: "Look, it is earlier than the courts, and I am unable to touch upon it. I am clearly required to present proof subsequent week.