Within the guide, the host of the Netflix sequence takes readers past the episodes, sharing never-before-heard tales from the present and recipes from acclaimed worldwide cooks and native legends.

Phil Rosenthal is able to share some scrumptious recipes and behind-the-scenes tales from the primary 4 seasons of his Netflix sequence Someone Feed Phil.
In Someone Feed Phil the E-book (S&S Simon Factor, Oct. 25) the host of the Netflix sequence takes readers past the episodes, sharing never-before-heard tales from the sequence whereas satisfying starvation by highlighting sixty of viewers’ most requested recipes from acclaimed worldwide cooks and native legends. The guide will even function “scripts” from choose video cellphone calls from Rosenthal’s time on the street along with his household. S&S Simon Factor describes Rosenthal’s guide as “the final word companion information for avid followers of the present in addition to armchair vacationers and adventurous at-home cooks.”
“The tales, images, and particularly the recipes- our most requested from the perfect cooks within the world- are all irresistible. In actual fact, we’re offering a warning: Someone Feed Phil the E-book is just a title. Don't eat, or attempt to feed Phil, the guide,” Rosenthal tells The Hollywood Reporter.
Netflix introduced that the sequence, which is produced by Rosenthal and his Fortunate Bastards companions Wealthy Rosenthal and John Bedolis and Zero Level Zero Productions’ Christopher Collins and Lydia Tenaglia, can be renewed for a fifth season. The brand new season will include 10 episodes, the present’s largest order but. Six episodes have been featured on the primary two seasons, whereas seasons three and 4 consisted of 5 apiece. A return date for the sequence has not but been introduced.
Beneath, THR completely shares an excerpt of Someone Feed Phil the E-book and divulges the guide cowl.
How it began . . .
My mother and father weren’t precisely adventurous individuals. When my brother, Richard, and I have been younger, they moved from a small New York Metropolis house to Rockland County, New York. Shifting to the suburbs was, understandably, all the journey they wanted after the Holocaust. Rockland was a pleasant, secure place to lift their household. In our neighborhood, each home was constructed by the identical firm and appeared precisely the identical, aside from the colour of the paint. (One benefit: once you went to a pal’s home, you didn’t should ask the place the toilet was.)
Scrumptious meals and journey weren't the priorities in our home. Security and affordability have been. However my mother and father did purchase Time Life Books’ The Nice Cities sequence, twenty-five volumes highlighting unimaginable locations: Athens, Venice, Paris, Istanbul, San Francisco … They supposed for Richard and me to make use of them as a geographic encyclopedia, however to me, the pages have been crammed with magical locations that appeared higher than the place I used to be dwelling. And we by no means went to any of them.
However once I was 9, my mother and father introduced we have been going to my cousin’s bar mitzvah. The good factor was this cousin didn't stay in New York however in a faraway place with a mysterious identify that seemed like a misplaced metropolis: Atlanta. I couldn't have been extra excited. I don’t keep in mind a single factor in regards to the bar mitzvah. What I do keep in mind will not be lengthy after we obtained there, my cousins took Richard and me to a retailer that was open from seven within the morning till eleven o’clock at night time. It appeared like a retailer for astronauts, crammed with sweet and meals in wrappers, and a magical machine like some kind of carnival soft-serve ice cream dispenser. You pulled the deal with and out got here a Coke, solely because of cutting-edge science it was remodeled into essentially the most superb factor: a candy, chilly slushy meals/drink. I believed, “This place is nice! I like Atlanta!” I had two Slurpees a day for the three days we have been there, and the thought of attempting new meals, and celebrating different cultures, was born.
Just a few years later, one other milestone: My mother and father mentioned we have been going to spend every week at an uncle’s house in Miami Seaside. (My dad couldn’t say no: the house was free.) Miami Seaside was okay, nevertheless it was scorching. We went to the Everglades, the place I noticed an alligator that simply laid there. I might see that on the Bronx Zoo. Fortuitously, this was 1972, and as each baby knew, an entire new world was upon us: Walt Disney World. It wasn’t even completed but, however Richard and I begged our mother and father to cease in Orlando on the best way house. They stored saying no, improvising rationales that thousands and thousands of future mother and father would later use: it’s too costly, it’s too far-off, the very last thing we need to do is wait on line with an entire “world” of screaming youngsters. However we had every week to put on them down, and we obtained to go for one entire day. I spent that day working across the Magic Kingdom. It was completely totally different from the New York tri-state space, totally different from Atlanta, totally different from anywhere I’d ever been. It was thrilling. I used to be hooked on journey. That is what Disney is for.
The primary actual metropolis I fell in love with overseas was Florence. I ended up there due to my good pal Rob Weiner. After school, we shared an house in Washington Heights in higher Manhattan. Rob is way extra cultured than I'll ever be and expanded my life by introducing me to a world of artwork, tradition, and journey that individuals our age might respect. I might solely contribute one factor: a love of excellent meals. Our birthdays have been one week aside, so I believed it could be nice if we saved up our cash all yr to go to a four-star restaurant. The remainder of the yr we’d stay on tuna sandwiches, scorching canines, pizza—something low cost but additionally scrumptious (on the time, we have been each struggling to get into theater, working on the Metropolitan Museum of Artwork, Rob on the entrance desk and me as a guard, to pay the hire). My mother and father thought I used to be out of my thoughts spending $100 on a single meal at Le Bernardin or Lutece, or wherever else Mimi Sheraton, the New York Instances restaurant critic, had deemed worthy of a coveted 4 stars. They acted like I had a drug behavior. Why would you spend cash on such a transitory factor? Nevertheless it was completely price it to me. It was a complete trip in a single night time. Rob and I couldn’t every afford dates, so we'd break up one woman. However I dreamed of going to the supply, to the locations in Europe these eating places have been impressed by.
Rob heard a few deal DHL was providing within the early eighties. DHL had a courier program: their cargo would fly as a traditional passenger’s extra baggage, in trade for which they might get a free round-trip ticket to certainly one of their worldwide locations. Not solely was this completely authorized, it was phenomenal. Rob and I ended up on Lufthansa flights a day aside to Frankfurt with two entire weeks till we needed to get on the return flights. We instantly took a prepare to Paris, the place Rob had a pal with an house we might keep in. I obtained to see the Eiffel Tower. I ate croissants, baguettes, and snails, and even the roast hen tasted totally different from any I’d ever had. I believed Paris was improbable, however then we went to Florence as a result of my mother had mentioned it was essentially the most stunning place she’d ever been. She was proper. Florence was someplace previous heaven. It felt like being inside a portray. As a lot as I used to be enthralled by the surroundings, I fell in love with the individuals. On the prepare from Paris, Rob and I met two Italians, Dania and Dario, who have been the identical age as us. We immediately bonded and stayed up all night time doing what younger individuals do finest: consuming and speaking. It didn’t matter that Dania solely spoke just a little English and Dario solely spoke Italian. After we obtained to Italy, we visited the bakery that Dania’s father ran. He insisted we style all his specialties, then all their mates from across the neighborhood got here by with their specialties. A lady got here with a bowl of freshly made pasta; one other lady got here with goodies. Just a few years later, I introduced my new girlfriend, Monica, there (by way of DHL) to satisfy them. After which Dania and Dario got here to New York to go to us. All of them—Dania and Dario, their child Ginevra, and their mother and father—stayed in our one-bedroom house. Monica and I are nonetheless mates with Dania and Dario. That story is the story of not simply our sequence however my life: how journey and the individuals you meet change you.
Excerpted from Someone Feed Phil the E-book. Copyright © 2022, Phil Rosenthal. Reproduced by permission of Simon Factor an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
